By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup plus more as necessary heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (16 oz) box confectioner's sugar
- 2 cups optional for garnish finely chopped black walnuts
Melt butter in saucepan. Add brown sugar and cream. Cook over medium-low heat for about 2 minutes, until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Transfer to a large bowl.
Using a handheld electric mixer, beat in confectioner’s sugar until smooth. If frosting is too thick, add 1 tablespoon heavy cream at a time until consistency is right.