Bubba’s Key Lime Pie
By Bubba Hiers
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes (refrigerate overnight)
- Servings: 10
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
For the crust, combine ingredients and pat down into a 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 5-10 minutes.
In a medium bowl, beat 2 egg yolks. Add condensed milk, key lime juice and zest. Blend together.
Pour filling in crust and bake for 15 minutes.
Refrigerate pie overnight before serving to let set.
To make sweetened whipped cream, slowly add sugar to heavy cream while beating, taking speed up as the mixture thickens.