Brooke’s Homemade Meatloaf
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 10
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons, divided ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium finely chopped onion
- 2 large eggs
- 1 slice torn into pieces white bread
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup ketchup, Dijon mustard and light brown sugar and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine all the meatloaf ingredients and mix well. Press the mixture into a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush some of the glaze over the top of the meatloaf. Bake for 30 minutes more. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Turn the meatloaf out onto a serving platter and spoon the remaining glaze over the top before serving.