Bobby’s Lighter Gooey Butter Cake
By Bobby DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1 (18 1/4 oz) package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat buttermilk
- 2 large 1 lightly beaten for cake, one room temperature for filling eggs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (8 oz) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
Preheat the oven to 350º. Spray a 9 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
Place the cake mix in a large bowl. Whisk together the buttermilk, 1 egg and oil in a small bowl until blended. Add the buttermilk mixture to the cake mix, stirring just until blended. Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the sugar, yogurt, 1 egg, vanilla and butter. Spread over the cake mixture. Bake 40 â 50 minutes. You want the center to be a little gooey, so do not over bake.