Bobby’s Lighter Cheesy Mac
By Bobby DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 4 cups cooked drained whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 2 slightly beaten eggs
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 °F, spray a casserole dish with nonstick spray.
After the macaroni has been boiled and drained, add cheese while macaroni is still hot. Combine the milk, eggs, sour cream, mustard, salt and cayenne in a medium bowl. Add to macaroni mixture. Pour into casserole dish. Combine bread crumbs and oil in a small bowl until blended. Evenly sprinkle the crumb mixture over the macaroni and lightly spray with nonstick spray. Bake, until the filling is hot and the topping is golden, 35-40 minutes.