Black and White Caramel Apples
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 10
- 5 (6 inch) lollipop sticks
- 5 medium washed well to remove any wax Granny Smith apples
- 2 (11 oz) packages caramel bits
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/4 (16 oz) package melted white chocolate
Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
Insert a lollipop stick into the stem end of each apple.
In a large heat-safe bowl, heat caramel bits and cream over a double boiler until mixture is melted and smooth. Stir in vanilla and salt.
Dip each apple into caramel, allowing excess to drip off; dredge in cookie crumbs. Place on prepared baking sheet, and let stand for 20 minutes.
Transfer melted white chocolate to a small resealable plastic bag with a bottom corner cut off, and drizzle coating over apples. Refrigerate apples for 15 to 20 minutes or until caramel and chocolate are set.