Aunt Trina’s Shrimp Boulettes
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 medium cut in chunks onion
- 1 medium peeled and cut in chunks baking potatoes
- 1 lb raw peeled and deveined, tails removed shrimp
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 chopped green onions
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening
Using the grinder attachment on a mixer or in a food processor grind onion and potato together. Add shrimp and pulse all together.
In a bowl, combine the shrimp mixture with the chopped parsley, green onion and green pepper. Stir in the egg and flour to make a batter. Fold in shrimp to the mixture and season with salt and pepper.
Melt the shortening in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the shortening is hot, drop the batter by tablespoonfuls into the pan. Sauté 2 to 3 minutes per side, until browned and crisp. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.