Aunt Trina’s Shrimp Scampi
By Greg KantnerJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 box linguine, cooked per directions on box
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1½ cups white wine
- juice from half a lemon
- ½ cup shrimp stock, optional
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Heat cast iron skillet and add olive oil
Add shrimp and cook until tender and not longer translucent. Remove shrimp and set aside.
Reduce heat and add onion and cook till tender, then add garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes. Watch garlic carefully so it doesn’t burn.
Add white wine, lemon juice and shrimp stock. Cook until reduced by half, then add Old Bay.
Reduce heat to low and add butter. If the pan is too hot, the butter may separate.
Add shrimp back into the sauce, add parsley, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add cooked linguine and Parmesan cheese. (Adding the Parmesan to the linguine while it’s still hot will help the both the cheese and the sauce stick to the pasta.)
Toss to combine.