Zucchini and Corn Casserole
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1 1/2 lbs (small) zucchini
- 1 (8 oz) can cream-style corn
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- chopped Vidalia onion
- chopped small red bell pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Preheat oven to 350 °F. Cook zucchini in enough boiling salted water to cover, about 5-6 minutes, or until just tender. Drain, cut into chunks and combine with corn and eggs.
Sauté onion and bell pepper in butter until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add to zucchini and corn mixture and season with salt, pepper and paprika. Add cream cheese and mix.
Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned and bubbly.