Winter Fruit Shortcakes
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 peeled and sectioned navel oranges
- 2 peeled and sectioned pink grapefruit
- 1/2 cup divided granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 split shortcakes
1. In a medium bowl, combine pomegranate seeds, orange sections, and grapefruit sections. Gently stir in 1/4 cup sugar. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
2. In a separate medium bowl, beat cream and remaining 1/4 cup sugar at medium speed with a mixer; gradually increase speed to high, and beat until stiff peaks form. Cover and chill until ready to serve, up to 1 hour.
3. Divide fruit mixture among bottom halves of shortcakes. Top with whipped cream and top halves of shortcakes. Serve immediately.
Note: Look for packaged pomegranate seeds, available in the produce section of many grocery stores, or seed 1 large pomegranate.