Wilmington Island Marsh Mud Cake
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 10
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup for frosting cocoa
- 1 cup melted, plus 1/4 cup softened for frosting butter
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 teaspoon for frosting vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (16 oz) box light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (10.5 oz) package miniature marshmallows
Preheat oven to 350 °F.
Grease a 13x9x2-inch pan.
Stir 1/2 cup cocoa into mixing bowl with 1 cup butter.
Add eggs, flour, sugar, salt and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
Beat well with a mixer.
Fold in nuts.
Pour into prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes.
While cake is baking, prepare frosting.
Scald the milk.
Beat the brown sugar and 1/4 cup butter together.
Add 1/3 cup cocoa, milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla and beat until smooth.
Remove cake from oven when done and pour marshmallows over hot cake.
Pour frosting over marshmallows on top.