The Lady & Sons Baked Spaghetti
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced green bell peppers
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Paula Deen's House Seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Paula Deen's Seasoned Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 small bay leaves
- 1/2 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 cup divided grated Cheddar
- 1 cup divided grated Monterey Jack cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a stockpot, combine the tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, onions, peppers, garlic, parsley, seasoning mixtures, sugar, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
Crumble the ground meats in a saucepan. Cook until no pink remains, and then drain off the fat. Add the ground meats to the stockpot. Simmer for another 20 minutes. While the sauce simmers, cook the pasta according to the package directions.
Cover the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan with about one-third of the sauce. Add a layer of half the pasta, and then half the cheeses. Repeat the layer, ending with sauce. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Top with the remaining cheese. Return to the oven and cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Cut into squares before serving.