Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Quick Bread
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup whole milk
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp white Cheddar cheese, divided
- 5 tablespoons chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained well and divided
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray an 8½x4½-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, melted butter, and egg. Add milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in ¾ cup cheese, 4 tablespoons tomatoes, and 3 tablespoons basil. Spread batter into prepared pan, and top with remaining ¼ cup cheese and remaining 1 tablespoon tomatoes.
Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon basil, and let cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Serve warm.