By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Paula Deen Celebrates
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10
- ½ teaspoon Paula Deen House Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 chicken bouillon cube or 1 teaspoon granulated bouillon
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen baby lima beans or baby butter beans
- 6 slices bacon, cut into tiny pieces
- 3 ears fresh corn, kernels cut from cob, or one 10-ounce package frozen corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons (¼ stick) butter
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
In a medium saucepan, add the House Seasoning, seasoned salt, and bouillon cube to 2 cups water. Add the butter beans or lima beans and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes, until the butter beans are tender and some of the water has been absorbed.
In a medium skillet, sauté the bacon until it is very crisp.
Drain off all except 1 tablespoon grease. Add the corn to the skillet with the bacon pieces and cook over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, add the butter beans to the skillet. Add a little of the butter bean liquid to create a sauce. Add the butter and pepper. Stir well and serve.