Strawberry Rhubarb Cupcakes
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cup not self-rising cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large room temperature eggs
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped rhubarb
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla bean paste
- 2 lemons worth lemon zest
Preheat oven to 350 °F.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat sugar and 1/2 cup butter until fully combined.
Mix in cake flour and baking soda.
Mix in eggs one at a time.
Mix in orange juice.
Fold in strawberries and rhubarb.
Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
Bake for 20 minutes or until cupcakes bounce back when lightly touched.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix 1 cup butter until light and fluffy (about three minutes on high speed).
Mix in powdered sugar a little bit at a time.
Mix in vanilla bean paste and lemon zest.
Spread or pipe onto cooled cupcakes.