Squash and Zucchini Cakes
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 small yellow squash
- 1 cup toasted breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup minced Vidalia onion
- 2 large lightly beaten eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
Grate zucchini and squash with a fine grater. Press between paper towels to remove excess moisture.
In a medium bowl, combine grated zucchini and squash and next 7 ingredients. Shape mixture into 2 inch patties, pressing together firmly.
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook squash and zucchini cakes 3 to 4 minutes per side or until lightly browned.