Southwestern Avocado and Black Bean Salad
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 or 3 dashes hot sauce
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 peeled and diced avocados
- 2 cups thawed and drained fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 (15 oz) cans rinsed and drained black beans
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup (3 oz) grated pepper Jack cheese
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
In a small bowl, whisk together the cilantro, oil, lime juice and hot sauce.
In a large serving bowl, add the lettuce, avocado, corn, beans, tomatoes and cheese. Add the dressing and toss well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.