Smoky Pimento Cheese Sandwiches
By Deen Brothers
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 15 min
- Servings: 4 servings
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 cup grated smoked Cheddar one 4-ounce block
- 1 cup grated smoked Gouda cheese one 4-ounce block
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 green onions
- One 2-ounce jar diced pimentos
- Glug hot sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 pieces sturdy white bread
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
Bake the bacon on the baking sheet until crisp, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to cool and drain.
Combine the Cheddar, Gouda, cream cheese, mayonnaise, paprika, green onions pimentos, hot sauce and some salt and pepper in a bowl. Blend together with a hand mixer until creamy and well mixed. Chop the bacon and fold into the mixture.
Spread 1/2 cup pimento cheese between 2 slices of bread and sandwich together. Slice in half. Repeat with remaining pimento cheese and bread.