By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 small finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Paula Deen Hot Sauce
- to taste kosher salt
- to taste black pepper
- 4 split soft sandwich buns
Heat a large, high-sided skillet over medium-high heat and add the beef. Cook, while stirring, breaking it up with the back of a wooden spoon to make it crumbly.
Once some fat has rendered, toss in the onion, garlic, and cook until no pink remains in the beef and onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the ketchup, water, light brown sugar, Worcestershire, hot sauce and season generously with salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes. Serve on sandwich rolls.