Skinny Southern Kale Salad With Dates
By Kimberly SchlapmanJUMP TO RECIPE
- 3 bunches washed and dried kale
- 1 juiced, reserving 1 tablespoon for tenderizing kale lemon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 chopped shallot
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 5 pitted and chopped dates
- 1 large diced small honeycrisp apple
- 3 oz grated pecorino romano cheese
Remove stems from kale and chop.
Pour 1 tablespoon lemon juice & Â¼ teaspoon salt over kale and massage leaves gently for 4-5 minutes. This will tenderize the kale.
For the dressing, pour honey, 1 teaspoon salt, red pepper flakes, olive oil, lemon juice and shallot into a mason jar. Shake.
Build salad by adding pecans, dates, apples and cheese to kale. Toss with dressing.