Scallop Burger Sliders with a Cilantro-Lime Mayo
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 15
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 lbs fresh sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium finely diced Vidalia onions
- 12 or small soft dinner rolls slider buns
In a small skillet sauté onion in butter over medium heat until translucent. Cool.
Place scallops in food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped or chop by hand. Transfer to large bowl and add remaining ingredients, except vegetable oil. Add in the cooled onions.
Cook’s Note: Mixture should not be too loose. If necessary, add a bit more flour or another egg.
Shape the mixture into small burgers, approximately 2 inches in diameter. Place on a waxed paper lined sheet tray, cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add scallop sliders and cook until browned and cooked through. Place on small soft dinner rolls and top with a bit of Cilantro Mayo. Serve warm or at room temperature.