Sausage and Potato Salad
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb red potatoes
- 2 teaspoons plus 3 tablespoons for dressing extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds kielbasa
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the potatoes; boil about 25 minutes or until tender. Drain and let cool. Cut potatoes into quarters and place in a large bowl.
In a large skillet, heat the 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Brown the kielbasa. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Add kielbasa to the bowl with the potatoes along with celery and green onions.
For the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in 3 tablespoons oil. Add the dressing, celery and green onions to the potato mixture and toss to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.