By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs (4 fillets) catfish
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 sliced lemon
Preheat the oven to 300 °F. Line a 9 by 13 by 2-inch casserole dish with aluminum foil. Sprinkle the catfish with salt and arrange the fillets in the casserole dish.
Make the basting sauce by mixing the ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, butter and onion. Pour the sauce over the fish and bake until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 20 to 25 minutes. Baste the fish, with the sauce in the pan, every 10 minutes as it bakes. Remove the fish from the oven and using pancake turners, carefully transfer the fish to a serving platter. Garnish with lemon slices and serve.