The Deen Bros. Lighter Saucy Catfish
By Deen Brothers
- Prep time: 10 min
- Servings: 4
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon Paula Deen House Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 5-ounce catfish fillets
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon
To make the sauce, whisk together the ketchup, mayonnaise, broth, scallions, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire, mustard, and 1/4 teaspoon House Seasoning in a medium bowl until blended.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the fish with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of House Seasoning. Add the fillets and saute 3 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Transfer the fillets to a platter.
Add the sauce mixture to the pan; bring to a gentle simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Spoon the sauce over the fillets. Sprinkle with the parsley and garnish with the lemon wedges if using.
Test Kitchen Tip:
Other firm, white-fleshed fish can be used in place of the catfish. Tilapia, red snapper, cod, or sole are all good choices.