By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 15
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 3/4 cup panko
- 4 cloves minced and divided garlic
- 2 lb skinned and finely chopped salmon fillets
- 1 large lightly beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 buttered and toasted sandwich buns
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
In a medium bowl, combine peppers, panko, 2 cloves garlic and salmon.
In a small bowl, combine egg, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, lemon juice and salt; add to pepper mixture, tossing gently to combine. Form mixture into 8 patties.
Lightly coat a grill pan or skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Grill or cook patties, 5 minutes per side, or until desired degree of doneness. Spread Sesame Mayonnaise evenly over toasted buns. Top each with a lettuce leaf, tomato slice and salmon patty. Cover with tops of buns.
In a small bowl, combine mayo, 2 cloves garlic, 1 teaspoon soy sauce and sesame oil. Cover and chill.
Yields: 1 cup