By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 10
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- (15 oz) can pumpkin
- 2 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- (8 oz) package softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup softened (or margarine) butter
- 2 cups sifted confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
Using an electric mixer at medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy.
Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth.
Spread the batter into a greased 9×13 inch baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
Let cool completely before frosting.
Cut into bars.
To make the icing:
Combine the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the confectioner’s sugar and mix at low speed until combined. Stir in the vanilla and mix again.
Spread on cooled pumpkin bars.