Portobello Mushroom Burger
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 15
- 4 cleaned portobello mushroom caps
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 2 teaspoons coarse-grained mustard
- 4 split, buttered, and toasted hamburger buns
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 (12 oz) jar drained roasted red peppers
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Brush mushroom caps with olive oil; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Grill mushrooms, smooth side down, covered with grill lid, for 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender.
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, pesto, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread mixture evenly over cut sides of buns. Divide arugula evenly over bottom halves of buns. Top each evenly with peppers. Place mushrooms caps over peppers. Cover with tops of buns.