Paula’s Couscous Salad
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 cup quartered lengthwise cherry tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons pitted and sliced kalamata olives
- 5 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- dash optional cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a medium saucepan, bring the water and the 1 teaspoon oil to a boil. Stir in the couscous. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 2 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork. Add remaining ingredients and toss with dressing. Taste and add a pinch of cinnamon, if desired. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Whisk 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.