Oh-My-Clementine White Chocolate Pudding Shortcakes
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 3 4-inch divided sprigs fresh mint
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 (4-inch) springs divided fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons divided sugar
- 6 peeled and separated into segments clementines or tangerines
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 oz) finely chopped white chocolate baking bar
- 6 split basic shortcakes
- 6 (or tangerines) peeled and separated into segments clementines
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 split shortcakes
1. In a small saucepan, combine milk, cream and 1 mint sprig. Bring to a simmer, stirring often. Remove from heat; cover and let steep for 10 minutes. Strain mixture, discarding solids; cool to room temperature.
2. In a small saucepan, whisk together cornstarch, 1 tablespoon sugar and salt. Gradually whisk in milk mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Boil, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat, and gradually add chopped white chocolate, whisking until smooth. Spoon into a bowl; place plastic wrap directly on surface of pudding. Chill for at least 2 hours or until ready to serve.
3. In a small bowl, stir together clementine segments, lemon juice, remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and leaves from remaining mint sprigs. Divide clementine mixture among bottom halves of shortcakes. Top with pudding and top halves of shortcakes. Serve immediately.