Nutty Bacon Cheese Ball
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely minced (white part only)
- 1 jar diced pimento, drained
- 3/4 cup pecans, divided
- 10 slices bacon, cooked, drained, finely crumbled and divided
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Place cream cheese in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to Speed Two and mix 1 minute. Stop and scrape bowl. Turn to Speed Two and gradually add milk, mixing until well blended about 1 minute. Stop and scrape bowl. Add cheeses, onions, pimientos, half of the bacon and half the pecans. Turn to Speed 4 and beat until well blended, about another minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer mixture to a large piece of plastic wrap. Form into a ball and wrap tightly.
Refrigerate (or freeze) at least 2 hours.
Combine the remaining bacon and remaining pecans, parsley and poppy seeds in a pie plate. Then, remove the plastic wrap and roll the cheese ball lightly in the bacon/nut mixture until evenly coated. Wrap it back up in plastic wrap and refrigerate again until ready to use.