Nutty Bacon Cheese Ball
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 20
- 1 (8 oz) package softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup white part only, finely minced green onions
- 1 jar drained diced pimento
- 3/4 cup divided pecans
- 10 slices cooked, drained, finely crumbled and divided bacon
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- to taste salt
- to taste black pepper
Place cream cheese in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to Speed Two and mix 1 minute. Stop and scrape bowl. Turn to Speed Two and gradually add milk, mixing until well blended about 1 minute. Stop and scrape bowl. Add cheeses, onions, pimientos, half of the bacon and half the pecans. Turn to Speed 4 and beat until well blended, about another minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer mixture to a large piece of plastic wrap. Form into a ball and wrap tightly.
Refrigerate (or freeze) at least 2 hours.
Combine the remaining bacon and remaining pecans, parsley and poppy seeds in a pie plate. Then, remove the plastic wrap and roll the cheese ball lightly in the bacon/nut mixture until evenly coated. Wrap it back up in plastic wrap and refrigerate again until ready to use.