Mini Muffalettas and Olive Salad
By Suzette and Amy, The Sweet and Savory SistersJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 loaf (or Jewish rye) pumpernickel bread
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 lb thinly sliced genoa salami
- 1 lb thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 lb thinly sliced pepperoni
- 3/4 lb thinly sliced provolone
- 3/4 lb thinly sliced mozzarella
- 3 large cloves crushed garlic
- 1 cup chopped green olives stuffed with pimento
- 1 cup (or ripe black olives) pitted and chopped kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
In a medium-sized bowl, mix garlic, olives, celery, parsley, roasted red peppers, olive oil, white wine vinegar and Italian seasoning.
Cut each slice of bread into 4 equal pieces. Cut meat into similarly sized squares.
Spread a thin layer of butter on each slice of bread. Layer meats and cheese onto each slice, starting with salami, then provolone, ham, mozzarella and finally, pepperoni. Top each square with a spoonful of olive salad.