Mini Cheeseburger Puffs
By Paula Deen
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 15
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Paula Deen Silly Salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 minced Vidalia onion
- 1 package puff pastry sheets
- 20 (1 inch) slices cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350º.
Combine the first 5 ingredients. Hand-form patty to 1/4 normal burger size, about 2-inches in diameter. In a grooved black skillet, cook burgers to medium. Turn once. Do not overcook.
Roll out thawed puff pastry. Cut 10 (6-inch) even panels. Place burger in center of square and top with 2 slices of cheese. Fold edges up and twist on top. Bake 20 to 25 minutes and serve warm.
* Paula Deen Silly Salt is a blend of salt, dehydrated onion and garlic, spices, soybean oil and lemon flavor.
-Try serving with bacon or tomatoes.
-Havarti and ground pepper boursin cheeses are good substitutes for cheddar.