Maggie’s Decadent Brownies
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 2 teaspoons 1 teaspoon each for brownie and frosting vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 sticks 2 sticks for brownies, 2 sticks softened for frosting butter
- 8 squares (8 oz total) divided unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sifted all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup pasteurized egg substitute
- 1 (1 lb) box sifted confectioner's sugar
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
Preheat oven to 350 °F. Grease a 13 by 9 inch baking pan.
Melt 4 oz (4 squares) unsweetened chocolate and 2 sticks butter in a 2-quart bowl in the microwave on high for 3 minutes. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted. Add the eggs, 2 cups sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and mix well with a spatula. Add the flour and stir to combine. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
While the brownies are baking, make the frosting. Melt 4 oz (4 squares) unsweetened chocolate and 2 sticks softened butter in a medium bowl in the microwave on high for 3 minutes. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted. Add 1/2 cup egg substitute, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 (1 lb) box sifted confectioner’s sugar and stir with a spoon until smooth. Stir in the marshmallows; they will soften but not melt completely. Spread the frosting over the warm brownies. The frosting will set up when the brownies are completely cooled. When cool, cut into 1 1/2-inch squares and store in the refrigerator in a plastic container with a snap-on lid.