Lucky Puppy Chow
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 box Crispix cereal, standard size, divided
- 1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter, divided
- 2 sticks butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- green food coloring
- 1 box 4x confectioner's sugar
- green candy-coated milk chocolate candies, optional
- Lucky Charms shamrock marshmallows, optional
- St. Patrick's Day sprinkles, optional
Melt semi-sweet chocolate, ½ cup peanut butter, 1 stick of the butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a
heatproof bowl. Gently stir in half the box of cereal until coated. Place the cereal into a large bag
with the confectioner’s sugar and mix until well coated. Pour onto a baking sheet to dry.
Melt white chocolate, ½ cup peanut butter, 1 stick of butter and 1 teaspoon of vanilla in a
separate large heatproof bowl. Mix in green food dye, adding more as needed
until bright green. Add remaining cereal and stir until coated. Spread onto a baking sheet to dry.
After 15 minutes, add the green-dyed cereal and sugar-coated cereal to a large mixing bowl
together, add any additional toppings, and stir to combine.