Leftover Holiday Eggnog and Breadpudding Cupcakes
By Stefani PollackJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 5 cups stale torn into small pieces (while any stale bread will do, I used a French bread) bread
- 3/4 cup divided butter
- 1 1/2 cup divided sugar
- 3 teaspoons divided vanilla extract
- 2 cups (eggnog with or without alcohol added will work) eggnog
- 6 divided eggs
- 2 tablespoons divided whiskey
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
For the Bread Pudding:
Put bread in a large bowl and mix with 1/2 cup melted butter. Mix in 1 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla, eggnog, and 5 eggs. Let sit for at least thirty minutes. Distribute evenly between cupcake liners. Bake at 350º for 20 minutes.
For the Whiskey Sauce:
Heat 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 egg in a small saucepan and stir until fully integrated. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla and whiskey.
For the Whiskey Whipped Cream:
Whip whipping cream until light and fluffy.
Mix in whiskey sauce until integrated.