Gobbler Cobbler Pie
By Mike GilmoreJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 1 diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 small can drained sliced water chestnuts
- 1 can drained French style green beans
- 1 package long grain wild rice
- 3 cups cooked chopped turkey
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 package preformed pie crust
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 beaten egg
Preheat oven to 350 °F.
Prepare the rice according to package instructions and set aside. Sauté onions, peppers, and mushrooms in oil and set aside.
Combine all ingredients except 1 cup of cheese and pie crust, into large bowl and mix well. Pour into greased 9-inch glass pie plate. Top with remaining 1 cup of cheese and set aside.
Roll out pie crust, cut into 1/2-inch wide strips and cover dish in lattice design, then brush dough lightly with egg.
Place in 350 °F oven for 30 minutes, when top is golden brown, remove, let cool, and enjoy.
This dish is an excellent way to use holiday turkey leftovers, plus it freezes well.