Kale, Apple, and Cranberry Salad
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Cooking with Paula Deen Magazine
Prep time: 20 minutes
Servings: 10 to 12
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 2 bunches fresh lacinato kale, stemmed and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and shaved into ribbons
- 1 Gala apples, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup toasted pecan halves
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- shaved Parmesan cheese, for garnish
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar and next 4 ingredients. Whisk in oil in a slow, steady stream until well combined. Add kale, carrot, and apple, and toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
Add pecans and cranberries, and toss to combine. Garnish with Parmesan, if desired.
Kitchen Tip: Salad dressing can be made up to 2 days ahead and refrigerate in an airtight container. Kale can be chopped up to 2 days ahead and refrigerated in a paper towel-lined resealable plastic bag. Pecans can be toasted up to 3 days ahead.