By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) at room temperature butter
- 1 (9 oz) package chocolate candy kisses
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla and almond extracts. Stir in the flour and blend well. Add the pecans and blend well. Cover the bowl and refrigerate the dough for 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
Unwrap the candy kisses. Press a scant tablespoon of dough around each kiss, covering it completely; shape into balls.
Place the cookies on ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 10 minutes. Cool slightly, then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Roll the cookies in confectioner’s sugar.