Grilled Oysters with Lemon Dill Sauce
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 or 2 dozen tightly closed in shell fresh oysters
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small clove minced garlic
Prepare your grill grate. When coals are white, spread coals out for even heat distribution. Place the oysters directly on the grate with the deeper shell down. As soon as the shells pop open (about 5 to 8 minutes) the oysters are ready to eat. Serve immediately.
Lemon Dill Sauce
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Refrigerate until chilled; the sauce will thicken as it chills.