Grilled Calamari Salad
By Deen BrothersJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 5 min
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound fresh calamari
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1/4 cup sliced mild banana peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large tomato
- Juice of 1 lime
Preheat a grill.
Toss the calamari with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and grill for 2 minutes per side. Allow to cool, and then slice into rings, cutting tentacles into bite-size pieces.
Combine the remaining olive oil, the lemon juice and honey in a large bowl; season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and some black pepper. Add the grilled calamari, onions, peppers, parsley and tomatoes. Toss together, squeeze the lime juice over the top and serve with lime wedges.