By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Paula Deen Celebrates
Prep time: 15 minutes
Servings: 12 to 15 sandwiches, 24 to 30 triangles, or 36 to 45 fingers
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup golden raisins, left whole
- 2 tablespoons diced crystallized ginger
- orange juice to moisten, about 1 teaspoon
- 1 (1-ound) loaf thin-sliced white bread
Combine the pecans, cream cheese, raisins, and crystallized ginger in a small bowl, adding just enough orange juice to make the mixture a spreadable consistency. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Spread the cheese mixture on a slice of bread and top with another slice. The filling can be made ahead, but the sandwiches are best made no more than 30 minutes before serving. Trim the crusts, if desired, and cut into triangles or fingers.