Ginger Ale-Glazed Chicken Wings
By Jamie DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 3 pounds chicken wing flats and drumettes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon mined fresh ginger
- 2 (12-ounce) cans strong ginger ale (don't use a diet version)
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- sliced green onion, optional, for garnish
In a bowl, toss together chicken, oil, salt, and pepper; arrange chicken, skin side up, in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Spray the chicken with cooking spray, and air fry it at 400˚F until golden brown and crisp, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook butter, garlic, and ginger over high heat, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in ginger ale, honey, lime juice, and soy sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 30 minutes.
Pour sauce all over wings; stir to coat. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
Cook’s Note: If you prefer to use your oven, simply preheat the oven to 400˚F, and place the chicken, skin side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 45 minutes.