Garden Pasta Salad
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 trimmed bunch asparagus
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 (16 oz) package cooked according to package directions, drained, and rinsed whole wheat spiral-shaped pasta
- 1 pint quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallot
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar and next 5 ingredients. Set aside.
In a shallow microwave-safe dish, combine asparagus and 1/4 cup water. Cover with plastic wrap and peel back one corner to vent steam. Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes or until asparagus are tender. Drain well, and let cool. Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces.
Add asparagus, pasta, tomatoes, and remaining 3 ingredients to vinegar mixture. Toss until coated. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.