Fresh Green Bean & Tomato Salad
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- dash lemon juice
- 1 can sliced drained water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 2 hard-boiled cut into quarters eggs
- 2 seeds removed, cut into quarterst tomatoes
- 1/2 lb ends snipped off and cooked until slightly tender fresh green beans
- 1 large head or red leaf lettuce, washed and dried thoroughly romaine lettuce
- several sliced green onions
Blanch beans in a large pot of boiling, salted water until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove to an ice water bath to stop the cooking. Drain beans and set aside. In the same pot of boiling water, blanch peas until slightly tender, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove peas to the ice water bath; drain and set aside.
Place beans, peas, tomatoes, eggs, water chestnuts, and green onions in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add mayonnaise and lemon juice and stir to combine. Serve over lettuce leaves.