By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1/2 lb ground veal
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 large diced onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 2 (15 oz) cans or tomato sauce crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (5 oz) package grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 large lightly beaten eggs
- 9 box cooked al dente lasagna noodles
- 2 (8 oz) packages shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 °F.
In a large saucepan, combine ground chuck, sausage, veal, onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat until meat is browned and crumbled; drain.
Return meat to pan and add oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and paste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 30 to 45 minutes.
In a small mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, Parmesan, parsley and eggs.
Spoon 1/4 of sauce into bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking pan. Place 3 lasagna noodles on top of sauce. Do not overlap noodles. Spread 1/3 of cottage cheese mixture over noodles, top with 1/4 of sauce and 1/3 mozzarella cheese.
Repeat layers, ending with sauce, reserving 1/3 of mozzarella cheese.
Bake 45 minutes. Top with remaining cheese and bake 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.