Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa
By Deen BrothersJUMP TO RECIPE
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 6 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
1. Spray grill rack with nonstick nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium heat (300-350 degrees). Sprinkle fillets with seasoning and salt. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Flake fish; set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine mango, onion, avocado, lime juice, cilantro and honey. Fill tortillas with fish, mango salsa and cheese. Serve immediately.
The most important thing to remember is to not overcook the fish. It’s best to use medium heat. If heat is too high, it can cause fish to cook too quickly and dry out, plus the thicker parts may not get done. For thick-cut pieces or whole fillets, you can use direct heat to sear the outside and then move over to indirect so the center can cook through.