Engagement Ring (Bling) Finger Sandwiches
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped for garnish, optional
- 1 loaf soft wheat bread, crusts removed
- 1 loaf soft white bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped, plus 2 tablespoons for garnish
- 1/2 cup cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green olives, finely minced
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained and patted dry
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (8-oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons bacon, in pieces, for garnish (optional)
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds, for garnish, optional
In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese and mayonnaise. Split into 4 approximately 4 oz portions, and put into separate bowls.
Combine pineapple and 4-ounces cream cheese mixture and set aside. Combine green olives and 4 oz cream cheese mixture and set aside. Combine cucumbers and 4 oz cream cheese mixture and set aside. Combine pecans and 4 oz cream cheese mixture and set aside.
To assemble sandwiches, spread the fillings on top of white bread slices and cover with wheat bread slices.
Cut each sandwich into triangles, squares or circles. Arrange on a large platter by sandwich filling.
Garnish with parsley, bacon pieces, poppy seeds or pecans.
In gold ink, write each sandwich filling on a small card, attach it to a toothpick and place it in the center of each pile of sandwiches, identifying the filling.