Down-Home Southern Coleslaw
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) head cabbage, quartered, cored, and shredded
- 2 (about 1 cup) carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, carrots, parsley and chives.
In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Add to the cabbage mixture and toss well to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning if desired. Let coleslaw stand at least 10 minutes before serving.