Cut the Calories Coconut Cream Pie
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 1 box gluten-free graham crackers
- 5 tablespoons melted organic butter
- 2 cups organic fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 beaten organic eggs
- 2 cups plus 1/2 cup shredded organic coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic heavy whipping cream
For the crust: Crush or grind the graham crackers. Add the melted butter to the crackers. Once mixed, press the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan with back of a spoon. Make sure the crust is
For the filling: Bring the milk, flour,2 tablespoons sugar substitute, salt and beaten eggs to a boil on low to medium heat, stirring occasionally. Once the mixture starts boiling, remove from the heat; the consistency should be thick. Add 2 cups coconut and the vanilla and blend together. Then pour in the chilled pie crust. Place the pie in the refrigerator, 10 to 20 minutes.
For the topping: Whip the cream until the consistency is thick. Add 1/2 cup coconut and 2 tablespoons sugar substitute. Put the mixture over the chilled filling and then sprinkle extra coconut on top! Chill for at least 2 hours.