Cream Cheese Stuffed New Potatoes
By Paula DeenJUMP TO RECIPE
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) softened butter
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 (5 oz) package soft garlic herb cheese
- 24 bite-size scrubbed, with a tiny sliver cut off each potato so they will stand after filling new potatoes
- finely chopped fresh parsley
- for garnish, optional red caviar
In a large pot with plenty of salted water, boil the potatoes until they are tender when a fork is inserted, about 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and let the potatoes cool until you can handle them.
With a melon baller, remove a scoop from each potato. Combine the cheese, butter and cream. Taste, and add salt and pepper, as needed. Spoon or pipe the cheese mixture into the potatoes.
Garnish with a fine sprinkling of parsley. Stand potatoes on cut end on a platter to serve. Makes 24 whole or 48 half potatoes.